Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My First Week At LeTourneau

Classes started on August, twenty-sixth.  The day was filled with confusion, new experiences and excitement.  My first challenge was trying to find all of my classes at the correct time.  Fortunately I had my class schedule with me at all times.  In between every class I dug it out and looked for my next class listing.  Since the twenty-sixth was a Tuesday, I had three classes in a row.  They were Chemistry, Cornerstones and English.  I only had ten minutes between classes, but that was enough for me to get from one class to the other.  My first day of classes went well, and I was excited to be an official college student.  
The remainder of the week went smoothly.  I was able to find all of my classes without any trouble, and I was beginning to get used to college life.  I discovered, that I really liked having my classes spread out.  The time between classes was a great time for studying.  Besides classes and studying, I enjoyed the time I had with friends in my dorm.  The close knit setting of our dorm, allowed me to get to know my fellow dorm mates better.  Also, our evenings together in the dorm were a fun time to interact with each other.  One thing that I realized after I had classes for a couple days, was that I was going to need good time management.  In order for me to succeed I needed to balance my time.  Due to that realization, I started to develop a schedule that maximized my time.  College life was going well, and I could not wait to see what would happen next.

No comments: